.............

"The height of cultivation always runs to Simplicity" ~ Bruce Lee







Wednesday

Writing Challenge Prompt #2: What really makes you angry about the world?

When I think about the things that anger me in this world they can usually be distilled into one of two areas; people who disrespect others and/or people who don't take responsibility for their own actions. Both of these things are extremely selfish. Let's face it, we live in a world with other people. The world doesn't revolve around anyone. No one owes you anything. This is all big news to some people. It can manifest in several ways; leaving your mess for someone else to pick up, treating others as if they are your servants, always taking and never giving, lying, being late for appointments, blaming others for your own shortcomings, always insisting on your way or no way, etc... I guess this bothers me so much because I always go out of my way to be respectful and responsible. And when I see those who couldn't care less I sense something lacking in those people. And I think, sometimes, why should I care if they don't care? Shouldn't I just be selfish too? But then I realize that if ALL of us were that way, the human race would become extinct within a very short time. Luckily, there are plenty of good people in the world to balance out the lazy and inconsiderate ones. I tend to have lots of patience. But a side effect of that is that when I am eventually pushed past my limit my anger is fierce. Sometimes I let it explode, but more often I silently vow to cut those people out of my life forever! And I rarely return to those relationships. And I never seek revenge, but I usually withhold any help I could offer as well. I don't need that negativity in my life. So I cut it out completely. I believe in Karma. I don't need revenge on those people. They build their own revenge in time. If I could share one piece of advice with all of humanity it would be "Always act respectfully and responsibly!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LunarSunImages