.............

"The height of cultivation always runs to Simplicity" ~ Bruce Lee







Wednesday

Good Food


As I continue to create more of a minimal lifestyle for myself I have been getting my eating habits back to basics. In the same way that I've been clearing clutter from my home I've also been clearing the clutter from my meals. Things that are not contributing to my health in a positive way get the boot. The difference can be felt in just a few days. I'm eating wholesome, natural foods either raw or prepared in very simple ways. The only exception is one day a week I eat whatever I want. I've followed this routine in the past very successfully for long periods of time (years).
It may seem counter-intuitive to eat whatever you want and stay healthy, but it works. Face it, do you really think you'll never eat cheesecake again? That's not only unlikely, but it's impractical . Go ahead and reward yourself one day a week for being so focused the rest of the week. You'll be able to stick to any restrictions much easier and the one day is not going to have any negative effects towards your overall health. If anything you'll actually stop craving the junk once your body gets used to feeling so good! Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LunarSunImages