.............

"The height of cultivation always runs to Simplicity" ~ Bruce Lee







Tuesday

When was the last time you massively over-delivered on something? What was it? And why did you work so damn hard?

A couple of years ago I was asked to donate a few pieces of art to an auction benefiting families of individuals who had a neural disease, which made it impossible for them to smile. I felt very moved by the idea that I could help someone smile again. I ended up donating almost all of my work in my studio because I really felt that not being able to smile may be one of the worst things a person can suffer from. If my work was able to help provide the funds for the procedure which would allow someone to smile, I thought that very worth my while. Although I didn't work very hard at that specific time, the work I donated involved hundreds of hours worth of artwork that I had done in the past. I try to put myself into those situations. If I or my child couldn't smile, I would be so appreciative of anyone who would contribute to changing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LunarSunImages